Wednesday, March 12, 2008

When I nearly killed a dear colleague...

Yesterday I nearly had a dear colleague harmed in an accident.

Well - actually it wasn't my fault - I blame Lene from Liber Vin for it.

She was the one that wanted me to taste some of her REALLY good wines - in order for me to sell some to my colleagues. So she set on the table a very fine St. Emilion, and right next to it - there it was - that 2002 Maison Louis Picamelot, AOC Volnay 1er Cru "Santenots".

It had an incredible scent. And when I tasted it, I spontaneously cried: "I'd sell my body for this wine!"

Helge is normally a very level headed guy. It takes quite a bit to shake him up, but that outburst sure did it, even if it wasn't meant literally.

Poor guy had just filled his mouth with the good red stuff, and he sat there with an odd look, making half-choked giggle-sounds, whilst trying not to spew the expensive and exquisite drops all over the room.

Fortunately he did not choke on the wine. Even though I believe he would find it a worthy death*) to choke on an outstanding burgunder, he is a bit too young to pass away.

Later we agreed, that even though we like to use the spontaneous comments we make on wines in our sales-email, this comment was best omitted. But who knows - maybe it could sell a couple of bottles, even at the going rate of 450 kr. a piece...




*) As W.C. Fields put it: "Drown in a cold vat of whiskey? Death, where is thy sting?"

No comments: