1. Send your kids off to visit friends.
2. Wave a loving goodbye to you husband, who is leaving for his workout
3. Lower you bum carefully into the couch whilst arranging your blanket precariously over your legs
4. Turn on chapters 4, 5 and 6 of "Pride and Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle and (sigh!) Colin Firth
5. Add the remains of last nights chokolate, and your perfect sunday afternoon is secured.
Sometimes you just gotta give yourself the pleasure of doing exactly what you feel like. I did yesterday.
I'd watched the first chapter of named series saturday while doing an enormous pile of ironing. The other two were my prize for overcoming this enormous pile, and yesterday I decided to grab the remaining 3.
I love that series. Kristian asked me yesterday how many times I've seen it, and I actually didn't know the answer. I'll never tire of the pace in that series (being low - few cuts - almost like theatre) and the beauty of the language spoken in it. I love the surpressed, underplayed emotions, and yes - I find Colin Firth an almost unbearably manly and desirable Mr. Darcy.
When I was almost finished with the last chapter, the Mr. Darcy of my life came home from the gym. Then my "break" was over - but I didn't mind at all :-)