Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas spirit

It really feels like vacation now.
We have a different pace - and there is just something extra-cozy about christmas vacation. The gray winter weather, the lights on the trees, the decorations in our house. The scents of this and that, simmering in a pot.

Yesterday I enjoyed not taking my usual morning walk from here, across the motorway and to work. I imagine that the view from over the middle of it was as usual - but I wasn't there.

P1040352

Instead I was driving Bruno to work, in order to pick him up on the way to my mothers and thus save time. After dropping him off I drove to Forever for a workout, and then I went shopping for chrismas dinner...

Safely home, with the food stocked away, I started some christmas preparations. I made red cabbage from a 2 kg. head, and boiled rice porridge for the traditional christmas dessert, risalamande. We are having it tonight, as Lasse, Christina and Mette is coming for a spot of early-xmas-celebrations.

The girls stay on until 24th. Then they go with Lasse to his and Christinas mother in Silkeborg. It will be nice to spend a few days with them.

The tree has come inside today. Later on the kids decorate it. I have to prepare for tonight, where we will cook a nice dinner, and I need to do a few preparations for monday too. I have to start up a batch of glögg - the famous home made kind.

P1040347

I am allready enjoying myself. ;-)

No comments: