Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall = knitting time

There is no doubt - when it gets dark and cold outside, the urge to knit appears.

As I've mentioned earlier, I have been challenged by a pattern that is actually quite easy - but in a yarn that is difficult. Thin and wooly, tangling up and difficult to unravel if you make a mistake. But with sweat, swearwords and a lot of patience I have managed, and now I can wear my warm, light scarf around my neck...

P1040232

All over blogland everybody is knitting Woodland-scarves. I have joined in - trying to get better at knitting and reading instructions, so smaller things like scarves are wonderful test subjects.

The woodland-pattern is not difficult at all - I have put the recipe away and is knitting easily. My scarf is a bit dense - the yarn is a bit thick for the pins, but so it will be. I think I have enough of the offwhite kid-mohair to knit a woodland, but first I want to practise in this cheaper yarn ... and it does look nice.

P1040231

It will come along in the car today, when we go visit Brunos parents. It was Bents birthday the day before we went on vacation, so we owe them one.

It's nice on a lazy sunday - not having to think about dinner :-)

No comments: