Saturday, March 10, 2007

Friday fantastic

This week Andreas has been working nights - from 2 pm to 10.30 pm. Most mornings he has come downstairs to eat breakfast with the rest of the family. We enjoy it - while he was working at sorting mail we never saw him at breakfast, as he didn't get off work until 12.30 am.

One morning he was up early enough to get the job off raising Kristian. Need I say that Kristian was VERY motivated for waking up??

P1020297

Yesterday we had guests coming for dinner - Alex and Marie. Alex is a co-worker of mine, and formerly we were union representatives together. They have been my friends for many years, and for the past 6 years they have been Brunos friends too.
We always have a great time, so we were looking very much forward to having them.

I had some cooking to do, but I wasn't too busy to set up a proper friday afternoon cozytime with hot cocoa and fresh rolls - Yum!

P1020300

We enjoyed it at the dinner table, with the beautiful tulips my mother sent me, in full view. They are being enjoyed fully, and carefully transferred to the cool guest room at night...

P1020301

Kristian and Bodil were in a great friday mood and could be seen in loving sibling-closeness...

P1020299

I managed to get everything ready before our guests arrived. Simmering stews minding themselves in the oven, are a great invention. The appetizer, coconut soup with lime, was prepared by chopping up EVERYTHING in advance and storing it in the fridge in containers. This made it quick and easy to prepare.

We had a great evening. We drank lovely red wine from Ellul-Ferrieres, brought by our guests, and later on we took a virtual tour of the island of Islay .. we do have a weakness for whisky from that area, so our bottles of Lagavulin, Laphroig, Ardbeg and Bowmore were set on the table. Yum! It is good stuff ... I love the smoky, powerful Islay-whiskies, but I also really enjoy the Dalwhinney that we also have in our closet. Actually I like them so well, that I woke up at 3 this morning with a thudding head. Not good. But aspirins were good, at the time :-)

In spite of the headache I have to say, that time spent with good friends - truely give you zest of life...

No comments: