Friday, April 27, 2007

Reunion

I got a really neat invitation by mail this week.

My grade school class is having a reunion this august. The party is held at our old school (at which my brother and his wife is teaching now, but that is another story).

The two people inviting is two of my classmates that I liked the best. We got together about 10 years ago, and since then, I really haven't seen anyone - due to the fact that I don't live in the area any more - it is 23 years since I left there.

I mostly have good memories from my schooldays. I wasn't part of the popular crowd, but I wasn't an outcast, either. I lived my own life, peripherically, and had no enemies, but 3 or 4 good friends in class. They were undramatic years.

I would be overstating to say that I was popular with the boys. Awkward, nothing much to look at, and perhaps a bit too sharp tongued and rough edged for most. Probably it was also a barrier that a lot of them had been my playmates before the oncoming of puberty. I always played well with both sexes as a kid.

I wonder how they remember me? Maybe I should ask someone - in august...

No comments: