Saturday, February 24, 2007

Energy level: Rising

GAWD I hate blogger!! This is the 3rd time, that I am writing this post (well - actually the fourth coz this is the translation) - blogger ate the first two tries. But here I am, trying again.

I hope you haven't been too worried about me. I worried enough myself :-)
I've been weak and tired. Slept most of friday, and walked around like a zombie in the afternoon, but last night I did start looking a bit like my usual self.

Today I am fairly presentable again. The headache, my faithful companion this week, is gone. Wonderful!

I can hear Bodil singing along - loudly - with Tokyo Hotel behind the closed door of her room. She is tidying. She is happy. She was happy yesterday, and her smile, laughter and cold apple cheeks straight in from the cold added needed colour to my gray day.
It's been a long time since I've seen her this mild, talkative and with that lovely spark in her eye.

Bruno and I have been active and tidied up the house today. Hoovered and tidied and stuff.
Now I am doing laundry - at least 6 loads are still waiting for their turn.

This afternoon we are going to visit Brunos parents in Ejstrupholm.
It's been a while and we are looking forward to seeing them. They're good company. My mother-in-law and i talk so well, even though we are actually quite different - we've had very different lives. But still, we are somehow alike. We both have the positiv outlook, the spark, the zest for life, and the ability to end up on top - to float. And we have needed it, both of us.

Ninna has worked hard all her life. Was sent out to work, when she was not much older than Bodil is now. Married early, and had Bruno. His father left, when he was 5-6 years old, and even though it wasn't long until Ninna met and married Bent, she was alone with him much of the time, as Bent was a truckdriver, going to far places much of the time.

Now she is an activ, extroverted pensioner. Gets the most out of her time, is always doing something. She's grateful for what she's got. I find her tough, sweet and fun. It might show - I care for her a lot.

It's going to be a good day. I can feel it.

No comments: